Job Opening Details
Location of Job opening
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for a
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in Economics (M/F), with a specialization in Microeconomics.
- Ref: F2-070016 (to be mentioned in all correspondence
- 3-year fixed-term contract, renewable once (up to a total of 4 years maximum), 40h/week
- Employee AND student status
The doctoral candidate will be working in the Economic Department and within the research unit, CREA. The doctoral candidate is expected to contribute to research projects in the area of Microeconomics with preference to Industrial Organizations, International Economics, Regional Economics, Spatial Economics and Economic Geography.
- The doctoral candidate's main task will be to contribute to the research within the research unit CREA, and preparing a doctoral thesis in the field of Microeconomics, under the supervision of Professor Pierre Picard. The thesis has to be undertaken at the University of Luxembourg but can also be part of a joint supervision with another university.
- Contribute to the teaching of classes ranging from one to three hours per week, of small group teachings and tutorials.
For more information concerning this position, please contact Prof. P. Picard, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Master's degree in Economics, Mathematics or Management Science (with high level quantitative background)
- Have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in English..
Personal work space at the University (full-time contract requires the assistant to work on the University premises).
- Competitive compensation.
Applications should be submitted ON LINE before August 20th, 2012 in English, French or German and must include the following:
- A motivation letter.
- A detailed curriculum vitae with list of publications and copies thereof, if applicable.
- A transcript of concluded university studies.
- The name, current position and relationship to the applicant, of two referees.
Link to submit the applications : http://emea3.mrted.ly/22ml
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.