Type of position
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for
2 Post-doc in Empirical Finance (M/F)
Ref: F2-070018 & 120003 (to be mentioned in all correspondence).
2-year contract, 40h/week, renewable once for a maximum of 60 months
Employee and student status
The core objective of the Luxembourg School of Finance (LSF) is to be an academic leader in the creation and dissemination of an integrated body of knowledge in banking and finance. In order to fulfil this mission, LSF places a high priority on research. A permanent research program in the areas of asset and risk management, fund industry, behavioural finance, law and finance, and quantitative finance has been set up. The successful candidate will be integrated in a young, strongly research oriented team and is expected to contribute to research projects in the area of empirical finance. For further information on research activities, please visit the LSF web-site: http://www.lsf.lu/eng/Research.
Under the direction of Professor Christian Wolff, Director of the LSF:
• Produce academic research papers in the area of empirical finance;
• Publish articles in scientific reviews and contribute to conferences;
• Mentor PhD candidates;
For more information, please contact Prof. Christian Wolff (Christian.email@example.com).
• PhD in Finance or related discipline;
• Ability to conduct high-level research independently;
• Ability to program using econometric packages such as Gauss or Matlab;
• Have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in English, good understanding of a second language and possibly a third language, French or German in particular, would be considered an advantage;
• Comfortable working environment in a growing team;
• Very attractive remuneration package.
Applications should be submitted in English and must include the following:
• A copy of the PhD diploma or a letter indicating the expected defence date;
• A detailed curriculum vitae with a complete bibliography of published works;
• Copy of job market paper;
• Letter of recommendation, preferably two.
Please apply online before September 15th 2012 under the following link: http://emea3.mrted.ly/1uor
Only applicants preselected on the merit of their application will be invited for an interview.
Applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.