AQR-IREA is pleased to announce the 2018 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics. Territorial resilience: mitigation and adaptation, to be held in Barcelona on October 4th - 5th, 2018.
The workshop will be focused on different aspects of Territorial Resilience. Its aim is to bring together cutting-edge research papers around two complementary and interrelated axis:
- Processes of mitigation (Resistance-Recovery), including topics such as migration analysis, inequality and social cohesion and labour market issues.
- Adaptive resilience (Re-orientation-Renewal), considering ways to improve regional conditions, such as human capital and educational mismatches, Entrepreneurship and self-employment, and Regional development strategies, encompassing globalization and trade and smart regional strategies.
- Alessandra Faggian (Gran Sasso Science Institute, L’Aquila)
- Péter Benczúr (Joint Research Centre, Ispra)
Audience: We will accommodate around 6-8 papers, to be presented in plenary sessions that will complement the keynote speaker’s presentation.
- Deadline for papers submission: Papers should be sent in pdf format to email@example.com before July 15th 2018. Extended abstracts or incomplete drafts will also be considered, but full papers will be favoured.
- Notification of acceptance: July 23rd 2018
- Preliminary programme: September 5th 2018
- Final programme: September 17th 2018
For more information, visit the Workshop website www.ub.edu/aqr/workshop/2018, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Av. Diagonal 690, 08034 Barcelona
Barcelona , Spain