We invite authors to submit abstracts to the Workshop on“Financial Economics and Network Science”to be held at the University of Greenwich (UK), Department of International Business and Economics on 29thJune 2018.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together practitioners of Finance, Time Series Econometrics, Social Network and Network Science to foster interdisciplinary collaborations and novel approaches to the study of financial systems.
Abstracts are invited to be submitted for the proposed workshop related to all areas of the Theme. Theoretical as well as empirical/experimental work is welcome. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Brexit and the effect on the UK and EU equity markets
- The effectiveness of international portfolio diversification
- The effect of news on stock market prices
- General asset pricing
- Network methods for time-series analysis with application of risk portfolio management and asset allocations
- Network Analytics in/for finance
- Empirical network analysis centred on financial flows, exposures and markets
- Modelling approaches to quantify interdependent financial risks
- Centrality measures in financial networks
The workshop will host four keynote speakers and a limited number of selected presentations. Coffee breaks and buffet lunch will be offered to all the participants.
Submissions should be sent via easychairfollowing this link
The deadline for abstract submissions is May 31, 2018
A formal decision will be made by June 15, 2018.
The organizing and scientific committee:
Dr Gabriella Cagliesi, University of Greenwich, Personal homepage
Dr Ricardo De Vita, University of Greenwich, Personal homepage
Dr Francesco Guidi, University of Greenwich, Personal homepage
Dr Nicola Perra, University of Greenwich, Personal homepage
Dr. Andrea Baronchelli(City University, UK)
Dr. Paolo Barruca(University of Zurich, CH)
Prof. Menelaos Karanaos(Brunel University, UK)
London , United Kingdom