The ifo Institute, Dresden Branch warmly invites submissions to the ifo Dresden Workshop on Macroeconomics and International Finance. The workshop is a two-day event and will take place Thursday 13th and Friday 14th of April 2023 in Dresden, Germany. PhD students are highly encouraged to submit their latest research. Particularly welcome are contributions on the following topics:
- Measurement and impact of economic uncertainty
- Spillovers of economic uncertainty
- Economic uncertainty and the Global Financial Cycle
- Economic uncertainty and the energy crisis
- Role of monetary policy for economic uncertainty
- Uncertainty about the anchoring of inflation expectations
Each paper will be allocated 45 minutes, to be divided between the presentation, a discussion by an assigned workshop participant and a general discussion.
There is no workshop fee. However, participants are expected to pay their own expenses for travelling, accommodation and the joint informal dinner on April 13th.
Please submit your (preliminary) paper by January 15th 2023 (GMT+1), via the workshop website. Acceptance decisions will be announced by 15th of February.
Scientific organizer(s): Robert Czudaj (TU Freiberg), Niels Gillmann (ifo Institute, Dresden Branch), Oussama Houari (Toulouse School of Economics; University of Poitiers)
Submissions deadline: 15 January 2023