Section: Economics, Business and Finance
We appeal to contributions from these disciplines or multidisciplinary contributions with theoretical, methodological or empirical approaches. Some prospective topics should be relevant, but NOT limited to the following:
- Women in Economic Governance, Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Labor market: “Glass ceilings”, “stone floors” and other issues
- Household Economics and Gender
- Economic Impact of Financial Inclusion of Women
- Economics of Education and Gender
- Women as Drivers of Local Transformation
- Gender Discrimination, Intersectionality and Public Policies and Actions
- Women in Research (Economics, Business and Finance): Facts and Myths
- Economic Status, Welfare and Gender in the European Union
- Feminist perspectives on economics, business and finance theories
The Consortium of the European Project “PLOTINA Promoting Gender Balance and Inclusion in Research, Innovation and Training” (G.A.666008) is pleased to invite you to take part to the Project Final Conference “Regendering Science. For an inclusive research environment” (27th-28th January 2020, University Bologna, Italy).
The event will provide a unique venue to share experiences, case-studies and best practices in the following domains: Structural and cultural change: Gender Equality Plans and efforts; The inclusion of the sex/gender variables in research; The inclusion of the sex/gender variables and of gender equality issues in teaching curricula; Assessing Gender Equality in Research Performing Organizations. Gender Report: indicators and tools.
Some possible research questions in Economics, Business and Finance section are:
- In high and medium technology industries in EU, how are women participating in governance?
- What are the institutional and individual factors that affect the career progress of women and men? And the wage gender gap?
- How is intra-household economic power measured? How and why are economic and financial intra-household decisions shared (or not) among couples?
- How does the financial inclusion of women impacts on development and growth? What are the constrains to the financial inclusion of women?
- What are the reasons for the gender gap in university enrollment and graduation? How does it influence the scientific outputs of the RPOs?
- How and why is the local economic transformation dependent from women role and power.
- The Intersectionality in the National Gender Equality Plans in EU: methods for identification.
- Do men and women vary in their research collaboration patterns and networks? Why? Why not?
- Women’s economic and social progress in EU: remarkable and sustainable changes?
To submit a proposal, please use the template for poster or abstract and the submission form available on the call webpage. https://www.plotina.eu/final-conference-call-for-papers/#call2
Contributions will be accepted until the 20th of December 2019.
Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences
40127 Bologna , Italy