we would like to draw your attention to our international workshop on “Multinational enterprises in regional clusters - A promising nexus? -“ (June 20-21, 2019 in Bremen).
The purpose of the workshop is to bring together scholars from different fields to discuss the role of multinational enterprises in regional clusters and the corresponding consequences for the regional development. In particular, but not limited to, we are interested in contributions, which deal with the following questions:
- To what extent does the embeddedness of MNEs in clusters influence the local network structure?
- Is the embeddedness of MNEs in local and international linkages supportive for (radical) innovations?
- Which conditions positively affect the likelihood of MNEs to introduce innovations within clusters (e.g. firm characteristics and/or regional policy)?
- Does the organizational form/composition of a cluster influence the regional embeddedness of MNEs?
- How can MNEs effectively manage their ‘multiple embeddedness’?
- In what way can policy possibly help to strengthen the regional embeddedness of MNEs?
To apply for this workshop, please submit an abstract (max. 250 words) by 28th April 2019 to NGrashof@uni-bremen.de.
Decisions on acceptance for the workshop will be emailed by May 05, 2019. There are no participation fees. Lunch and dinner are free for researchers presenting a paper. Lodging and travel costs will be reimbursed for presenters as well.
Participation without presenting a paper is also welcome. Due to limited space capacities, however, registration is necessary. Please contact Nils Grashof by email (NGrashof@uni-bremen.de). If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to your submissions and to seeing you in Bremen.
Dirk Fornahl, Centre for Regional and Innovation Economics, University of Bremen
Nils Grashof, Centre for Regional and Innovation Economics, University of Bremen
Bremen , Germany