The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics is holding an intensive course in Investing in Private Equity: Valuation and Financing SMEs, from October 17-19, 2018.
During this course, we will explore how SMEs should be valued and financed, and the role that private equity investors can play alongside traditional banks in promoting the growth of SMEs. Participants will acquire the conceptual tools that are required for the valuation for SMEs and will learn how different forms of financing can be employed to maximize enterprise value. Sessions will also cover M&As of SMEs and the issues that investors face when restructuring SMEs in distress.
Participants will learn how:
- To value SMEs
- Financing affects firm value in SMEs
- Private equity funds design deals to invest in SME
- To restructure a firm in distress
- To structure M&A deals for SMEs
Course instructors include:
- Filippo Ippolito (UPF and Barcelona GSE), course director
- Bo Becker (Stockholm School of Economics)
- Gianluca Capone (BlueMountain Capital Management)
- Luis Mateo (Crédit Suisse)
- Jos van Bommel (University of Luxembourg)
A 30% Early-bird discount is available until September 17 and the deadline for applications is October 10.
Certificate of Attendance
Regular fees: 1190 - 1960 EUR
International Fees : 1190 - 1960 EUR
The course is taught using a mix of business case studies and lectures and will be a small group with a maximum of 30 participants.
A 30% Early-bird discount is available until September 17
Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27, 08005 Barcelona
Barcelona , Spain