Regular fees: 3600 USD
Data science is one of today’s most in-demand functions — and Python is an essential skill in any data scientist’s toolbox.
In this program, you will master the ability to analyze and visualize data in meaningful ways using Python to help solve complex business problems. Working with tools such as Jupyter Notebooks, NumPy, and Pandas, you will have the opportunity to analyze real-world datasets to identify patterns and relationships in data. You will gain experience using both built-in and custom-built data types to create expressive and computationally robust data science projects. Finally, you will build predictive machine learning models using Python and scikit-learn.
To be successful in this program you should have prior programming experience with a procedural language. Our Python Programming certificate program is a great option if you have less experience. The amount of time you spend in these courses will depend on your prior experience. These courses are designed to be taken in order as the concepts build upon each other throughout the program.
- Constructing Expressions in Python
- Writing Custom Python Functions, Classes, and Workflows
- Developing Data Science Applications
- Creating Data Arrays and Tables in Python
- Organizing Data with Python
- Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Python
- Building Predictive Machine Learning Models
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Visualize data with Python
- Write custom functions and data classes in Python that can be stored for reuse
- Use key elements of Python control flow and iteration
- Use Jupyter Notebooks to integrate data analysis, visualization, and documentation
- Manipulate data arrays and tables using NumPy and Pandas
- Filter, integrate, and prepare data for analysis
- Perform statistical data analysis and visualization
- Explore datasets with machine learning
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Python for Data Science Certificate from Cornell Center for Advanced Computing
- 105 Professional Development Hours (7 CEUs)