Phd programs, online courses
Our PhD develops the research and teaching skills you need to promote new perspectives and inspire the next generation of business leaders.
The PhD’s flexible structure allows you to study without leaving your job for an extended period. It combines face-to-face courses in Paris with special programs at our five partner locations around the world, and lets you take advantage of on-demand e-learning. This gives you the freedom to study anywhere in the world, at the times that suit your career and lifestyle.
Globally acclaimed for their applied research, our faculty members are the PhD program’s most valuable asset. They come from around the world, bringing a wealth of professional knowledge and cultural perspectives. You will develop close working and mentoring relationships with them, and they will guide you towards a deeper understanding of how management is practiced and interpreted across cultures and sectors
With more than 130 nationalities represented in our student and alumni community, we offer a culturally rich and diverse environment for your PhD studies. You will work alongside some of the brightest minds in global business, and become part of our thriving alumni network – giving you access to a world of career openings and academic opportunities. Start your application today at apply.ism.edu
- DURATION • Self paced • Average completion time: 4-5 years • Maximum completion time: 7 years
- E-LEARNING • Study anywhere, at any time
- TUITION FEE • $91,728 (total) • Payment plans available
- SCHOLARSHIPS • Need-based and merit-based scholarships available • Maximum value: 30% of tuition fee
- CLASS MAKE-UP • Men vs women: 40% Female, 60% Male • Nationalities: 43 (Source: Class of 2018)
- CAREER PROGRESSION • Percentage of alumni who received a promotion in the last two years: 36% • Final salary amount (more than 100k): 73% (Source: ISM Alumni Survey 2016)
- SPECIALIZATION OPTIONS • International Business • Entrepreneurship and Innovation • Finance • Strategic Technology Management • Leadership in Higher Education
- CANDIDATE PROFILE • Completion of a master’s-level program • Average of 8-10 years’ senior management experience • Strong written and spoken English
The core PhD curriculum equips you with the research methods you need to write a doctoral dissertation, write research papers and /or studies of publishable quality, and oversee student research. Beyond this core, you must validate 17 credits of multidisciplinary coursework, choosing from five specialization options. All options other than International Business require you to validate nine credits or more of coursework in a specific discipline. All five options represent the same number of credits and roughly the same investment of time and energy.
Taught by professors carefully chosen for their expertise and experience, our e-learning courses give you the flexibility to study for your PhD anywhere in the world. Throughout each course you can access materials, communicate with the instructor, participate in discussions, and benefit from one-on-one contact and feedback.
For an on-the-ground view of the PhD program and life at ISM, we can put you in contact with a current student or recent alumnus. They will be able to answer any questions you may have about the program, and share their experience of everything from enrollment to graduation and beyond.
For more information, email our Admissions Team: email@example.com