Regular fees: 250 - 750 EUR
International Fees : 250 - 750 EUR
4 scholarships available
Participants will learn theories concerning risk analysis and risk coping strategies and will develop proficiency with software to facilitate the initiation of their own research in topics related to risk in agriculture. The course deals with both conceptual and methodological issues.
Target group and learning outcomes
The course is oriented toward PhD candidates, postdoctoral researchers and others with background in agricultural and applied economics.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- Understand theories underlying risk and risk management decision making.
- Model risk including copulas.
- Critically assess econometric analyses with regard to adoption of risk management tools.
- Model whole-farm risk management decisions.
- Reflect on current (EU) policy developments with regard to risk management