Regular fees: 875 GBP
Strategy in the Global Marketplace is a short, university credit bearing course which focuses on strategy and strategic management within the global context and explores the effects of globalisation and the ways businesses can adapt in the changing global environment and respond to the emerging challenges and competition.
This course focuses on strategy and strategic management within the global context. You will learn about strategies that businesses can employ to identify opportunities, sustainable competitive advantages and grow.
This course explores the effects of globalisation, the ways businesses can adapt in the changing global environment and respond to the emerging challenges and competition. It discusses theory, conceptual frameworks and principles and their application in real life.
You will also explore some of the most important areas in strategic decision-making, including but not limited to production strategy, sustainability, innovation, change and risk management.
On successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Critically appraise the effects of the external environment and globalisation trends and dynamics on an organisation
- Identify the opportunities and develop strategies aimed at gaining sustainable competitive advantages
- Critically evaluate potential risks and change management challenges associated with implementation of a strategic plan
The aim of the course is to examine contemporary issues within the global business environment that are likely to impact upon strategic management principles. The course covers various aspects of strategic management and strategy formulation in order for an organisation to be competitive in the global marketplace.
An indicative list of topics is given below:
- Analysing the Internal Environment: Resources and Competences
- Analysing External Environment
- Strategy Formulation – Strategic Choices
- Strategic tools
- Change and Risk Management
- Strategy Implementation
- Production and Supply Chain Management
- Sustainability considerations
Offset course credits towards another qualification
Once you’ve completed this course you may be able to offset the 20 credits towards our online BSc (Hons) Business and Management. This would reduce the number of modules you would need to study and the total cost of the course.