Program DetailsBachelor's Programs
Location of Program
- Students must earn a “C” or better in all major courses AND course prerequisites.
- At least half of the required BIOL courses and electives must be completed in residence: for the BIOL B.S. at least six of eleven BIOL classes must be taken at UMBC.
- BIOL 141, BIOL 142 and BIOL 302 are considered an academic sequence. Once you pass BIOL 302 you may not go back and repeat BIOL 141 or BIOL 142.
- At least one BIOL 4XX lecture course must be taken at UMBC (NOTE: BIOL 430, 442, 495, 497 and 499 cannot be used to satisfy this requirement for the BIOL B.S.)
- Students may not use both BIOL 305 AND BIOL 307 as Column A electives.
- Students may substitute CHEM 352 and CHEM 352L (must take both) for one Column B course
- Students may substitute PHYS 121 for PHYS 111, and PHYS 122 for PHYS 112, but should note that PHYS 121/122 may not satisfy some professional school admission