Location of Program
The Institute for Employment Research (IAB) and the School of Business and Econo mics of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU) offer a joint doctoral programme in labour market research.
- We admit outstanding graduates from economics, sociology or other social sciences who hold a master‘s degree or diploma and have a strong interest in labour market research.
- Doctoral students benefit from a professional research and policy consulting environment which enables them to apply their knowledge in academic and applied empirical research. Students are enrolled at FAU or at another university of choice.
- The course programme gives training on theoretical and empirical methods at an advanced level. The courses are held in English.
- Scholarship holders are granted access to the IAB‘s unique data resources on employment and social security (administrative and survey data).
- Applicants are asked to submit a proposal addressing empirical and theoretical research questions in the field of labour market research or the development of the required statistical-econometric methods.
This doctoral program has scholarships opportunities still available.
Application Deadline: 14 October 2016
For further information on the programme and on the application process see www.iab.de/en/gradab
- Graduate degree in related discipline
- Personal data/curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Certification of academic achievements
- Reference letters
- Outline of the project
For more information please visit the following page: http://www.iab.de/en/ueberblick/graduiertenprogramm/bewerbung.aspx