Location of Program
The Institute for Employment Research (IAB) and the School of Business and Economics of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg have set up a joint doctoral programme in labour market research.
- The course programme promotes theoretical and empirical methods at an advanced level. Additionally, applicants are granted access to the excellent data resources (administrative and survey data) of the IAB on employment and social security.
- Doctoral students benefit from the professional research environment that enables them to apply their knowledge in academic and applied empirical research.
- We address outstanding graduates from economics, sociology or other social sciences who hold a master degree or diploma. Applicants are expected to submit a proposal addressing empirical and theoretical research questions in the field of labour market research or the development of the required statistical-econometric methods.
The central feature of the Graduate Programme is the networking that takes place between participants and the scientific community, with IAB and among themselves. The mutual exchange of information promotes mutual learning – both together with and from one another – and generates ideas that may prove useful in one's own work.
- Networking with the scientific community: it is desirable for graduates to take part in academic conferences where they can discuss their research results within a larger circle and receive stimulus from the research work of external scientists. Scholarship holders receive an individual budget for this (currently 1,000 euros per year).
Networking within IAB: Along with "external" networking, IAB also encourages "internal" networking. All graduates are provided with a workplace at IAB. If no other arrangement has been made, graduates are attached to the Research Department of their mentor.A mutual exchange of information between graduates takes place among other things at the monthly GradAB Colloquia.
This doctoral program has scholarships opportunities still available
- Graduate degree in related discipline
- Outline of the project
For more information please visit the following page: http://www.iab.de/en/ueberblick/graduiertenprogramm/bewerbung.aspx