30 Top Twitter Feeds in Political Science
Following our highly discussed list of 30 Top Twitter Feeds in Economics and Finance, we wanted to keep the conversation going by sharing our selection of top Twitter feeds in political science. This list includes academics, researchers, journalists and many others who focus on political science, politics, international relations, public policy and related fields.
Some of these are big names, others are less well known, but all of them are worth following. We know that there are many other worthy Twitter feeds out there, so please feel free to share your additions in the comments section or on Facebook! Moreover, this list is in alphabetical order based on Twitter handle and in no way prioritizes one Twitter user over another.
- @acarvin Andy Carvin, Senior Social Media Strategist for NPR
- @allthingsct Leah Farrall, former counter terrorism analyst and Research Associate at the University of Sydney’s United States Studies Centre
- @asmalenyt Alison Smale, New York Times bureau chief in Berlin
- @B_Eichengreen Barry Eichengreen, professor of economics and political science
- @betsylevyp Betsy Levy Paluck, professor of public policy and psychology
- @blakehounshell Blake Hounshell, Editorial director at POLITICO, formerly at Foreign Policy magazine
- @CChristineFair Christine Fair, professor of political science with a focus on South Asian political-military affairs
- @dandrezner Daniel W. Drezner, professor of international politics
- @dianawueger Diana Wueger, editor of Gunpowder & Lead, focus on small arms
- @edwebb Ed Webb, professor of political science with focus on the Middle East
- @endeavoringE Elmira Bayrasli, writer and consultant on foreign policy, international development and global entrepreneurship
- @FareedZakaria Fareed Zakaria, Washington Post columnist, host of CNN’s GPS
- @FukuyamaFrancis Francis Fukuyama, former professor of political science, Senior Fellow at the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies
- @HayesBrown Hayes Brown, foreign news editor and reporter at BuzzFeed
- @henryfarrell Henry Farrell, professor of political science and international affairs
- @JustAmira Amira Al Hussaini, Global Voices Online Middle East and North Africa editor
- @jwpatty John Patty, professor of political science and Director of CNISS
- @kinggary Gary King, professor of social sciences, Directo of the Institute for Quantitative Social Science
- @Lagarde Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the IMF
- @LizEconomy Elizabeth Economy, C.V. Starr Senior Fellow and Director, Asia Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations
- @MaxBoot Max Boot, Council on Foreign Relations Senior Fellow
- @Max_Fisher Max Fisher, Content Director at Vox.com
- @multilateralist David Bosco, professor of international politics, senior editor at Foreign Policy magazine
- @Nolan_Mc Nolan McCarty, professor of politics and public affairs
- @normblog Norman Geras, professor emeritus of politics
- @SaskiaSassen Saskia Sassen, professor of sociology with a focus on globalization
- @SJRickard Stephanie J. Rickard, professor of government with a focus on political institutions and economic policies
- @smsaideman Stephen Saideman, professor of international relations with a focus on ethnic conflict and civil-military relations
- @strobetalbott Strobe Talbott, President of the Brookings Institution
- @Toby_Ziegler Toby Ziegler, professor of political science
If you are interested in finding jobs, programs, conferences and other opportunities in the area of political science, head to INOMICS and browse our extensive listings!
Photo credit: Eric Fischer
30 Top Twitter Feeds in Economics and Finance
When we conducted an informal survey of economists about a year and a half ago (published in this blog post), only slightly more than 20% said they regularly used Twitter. In the time since, however, Twitter has gained ground as a useful and prominent thread within the social media fabric, particularly for professionals looking to network and make connections.
40 Top Mathematics Blogs
In previous posts we’ve offered lists of top blogs in the fields of economics and finance. In this post we’re shifting our focus to the broad world of mathematics. As with economics and finance, mathematics encompasses quite a diverse array of subdisciplines, meaning that this list of blogs gathers together a range of perspectives, experiences and areas of expertise.
Top Political Science PhD Programs in Europe and the United States
Although summer is just getting underway in many parts of the world, fall application season is waiting just around the corner. Whether you’re a recent graduate or a professional looking to step back into academia, finding the right PhD program is not always an easy process. For that reason, it’s important to start reviewing your options early.