Graduate / traineeship
Bechtel is people. We provide the expertise and experience of our people to build some of the most challenging and iconic projects in the world.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of Industrial Relations support activities. The labor relations team works proactively with Project Management, construction supervision, and employees to create an environment that will ensure timely and cost-effective completion of our projects. The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on project needs, and may include Houston, TX or most likely a project site in Texas or Louisiana.
· Attend meetings and participate in discussions of anticipated or immediate labor issues
· Provide written accounts of labor issues and events, as requested
· Build relationships with internal customers, employees, and project contacts
· Perform other special projects as requested
· Bachelor's degree program in Industrial Relations, Labor Relations, Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Global Business Management, Organizational Development or related degree from an accredited college or University within (12) months of graduation date
· Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship, now or in the future
· Comfortable working in either an Office or Field environment
· Adapts to change and stress in the work environment and manages competing demands while maintaining high performance levels
· Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Ability to efficiently organize work activities to meet deadlines
· Self-starter, ability to use sound business judgment in carrying out assigned tasks
· Ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality
· Strong customer service skills
· Ability to learn new software
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.