Executive / senior industry position
Share this Job
Date: Oct 21, 2020
Company: Cytel Inc
Cytel’s Software business includes statistical scientists and engineers who develop innovative statistical methods and algorithms, design intuitive workflows and user interfaces, in support of software product development programs. Our culture is inclusive, collaborative and results-driven with a shared commitment to quality. With operations across North America, Europe, India & China, Cytel hires passionate and talented people who share its mission of ensuring the clinical development of safe and effective medicines.
We are hiring a Senior Director, Statistical Innovation & Data Science with a strong background in Adaptive and Bayesian Designs (Complex Innovative Designs), modeling and simulation, optimization and visualization, to join our Software Product division.
With a successful track record as a statistical innovator and people leader working in the pharma/biotech environment, you have a deep understanding of trial design, statistical methods, and computational algorithms as they pertain to the product development lifecycle and are dedicated to optimizing regulatory, clinical, and market access pathways to expedite patient access to good health technologies. You will maximize Cytel’s leadership in innovative clinical trial design, guiding development of leading trial design, modeling and optimization software. Comfortable working with key client and internal stakeholders at the most senior levels, you will encourage the integration of novel approaches into the overall product strategy and roadmap, ensuring Cytel software remains cutting-edge and supports data driven decision making throughout.
- Lead a team of statisticians and programmers focused on scientific innovation geared towards software product development
- Design, implement and embed innovative statistical designs, advanced analytics, modeling and simulation algorithms into Cytel’s industry-leading software product roadmap and specifications
- Design and document sufficiently detailed algorithm specifications for complex statistical/mathematical methods that Software Engineers can implement and test
- Develop software requirements and testing approaches with Product Managers, other SMEs, Software and Quality Engineers.
- Monitor key emerging innovative statistical and data science methodologies, form relationships with external innovators, and run prioritized experiments to identify ideas which will add most business value. Drive education and integration of emerging methods into internal roadmaps where there is business value in doing so.
- Effectively communicate statistical information to both technical and non-technical audiences, creating a compelling case for the company’s statistical & data science innovation efforts with internal constituents, as well as external parties.
- Maintain strong external presence with relevant regulatory and industry bodies to capture and action relevant intelligence; influence external thought leaders; and be a talent magnet to attract statistical methodology and data science key talent to Cytel
- Member of the Software Leadership Team, with accountability for co-developing and driving forwards Cytel’s overall Product Strategy and Roadmap and ensuring full alignment of R&D team priorities with those of the broader Product group
- PhD in Biostatistics with at least 10 years of experience in clinical trials
- Strong background in Adaptive and Bayesian Designs (Complex Innovative Designs); modeling and simulation; optimization and visualization
- International reputation in basic and/or applied statistical methodology, excellent publication record in major scientific journals demonstrating expertise in both Bayesian and frequentist statistics
- Well-honed leadership, communication & influencing skills
- Significant experience in statistics in support of biopharma R&D from pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry and/or academia
- Strong knowledge of the statistical, regulatory, and scientific landscapes
- Excellent written skills and exceptional ability to communicate and foster positive business relationships
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Accountability and personal organization are essential
- Comfortable operating with and being effective despite ambiguity
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.
Job Segment: Database, Statistics, Manager, Product Development, Testing, Data, Technology, Management, Research
Executive / senior industry position