3 years postdoc position in Applied Microeconomics/Political Economy @ LUISS (Rome, Italy).
The post-doc will be involved in a project aimed at analyzing the impact of electoral reforms on politicians’ and voters’ behavior by gathering and exploiting information from the online archives of the Italian parliament. The project will also investigate the role of the media in such context. The post-doc will work under the supervision of Professor Francesco Sobbrio.
Anyone with strong skills in empirical microeconomics (data collection, web scraping, microeconometric analysis) is encouraged to apply. Applications both from PhDs in Economics and Computer Science are welcome (students who are close to completing their PhD may also apply).
Salary and conditions of employment
The gross annual wage is to 19,367 euros (around 1,450 euros net a month). The post-doc will also have 1000 euros per year of research funds. The teaching load is zero. There is a possibility of complementing the postdoc wage with some teaching activities (knowledge of Italian is not required since all courses are taught in English).
The starting date of the post-doc is flexible and may vary between January and March 2020.
Further information on the Department of Economics and Finance of LUISS is available https://economiaefinanza.luiss.it/en/faculty. Inquiries about the position can be made to Professor Francesco Sobbrio firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please notice that the maximum age to apply for this position is 35.
Mandatory documents for the application
- Master's degree certificate indicating the final grade of the degree examination and the results of the individual examinations or equivalent academic qualification (if awarded abroad) or copy of the qualification (if awarded abroad);
- Research project;
- Curriculum vitae;
- A list of publications and qualifications;
- Plain photocopy of a currently valid identity document of the applicant;
- Research doctorate degree certificate, if the applicant holds this kind of degree;
- Any other documentation and/or certification deemed useful as a proof that the applicant’s scientific and professional curriculum is suitable for conducting research activity.
The application is to be considered for all statutory purposes as self-certification of the candidate’s personal details and qualifications declared except for publications. Once the procedure for submitting the application has been completed, the candidate will receive by email an application’s copy as a proof of the procedure accuracy and validity. For points 1 and 6, the applicant may submit self-certification in accordance with Presidential Decree No. 445 of 28 December 2000.
Deadline and link to application
The deadline for the application is October 2, 2019 – 2pm - Central European Summer Time (CEST), UTC +2.
Link to application: http://jsa.luiss.it/LGCAssegni/index.zul?CDS=AS4028