Executive / senior industry position
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Data and Devices Business Unit is seeking a strong Account Manager in the Bay area responsible for promoting TE products and solutions to strategic growth accounts with a concentration in the data centric markets. This is a West Coast position responsible for executing a strategic account plan for profitable growth by leveraging the full TE portfolio of products, services, and core competencies. This is a leadership position that requires strength in coordinating a sales and engineering support team to ensure a strong partnership is maintained. This role requires aggressive sales and engineering interaction with a major focus on design wins and profitable growth to exceed team and organizational goals.
What you will be doing:
• Serve as the primary interface between the customer and TE Connectivity.• Work closely with OEM engineering to develop engineered solutions utilizing TE's existing product portfolio and development capabilities.• Work closely with OEM procurement teams to negotiate local and global opportunities.• Work closely with TE FAE’s and System Architects to ensure the team is supporting the global customer as necessary to become the preferred supplier.• Develop and maintain relationships at all levels within the customer to position TE as a strategic partner to the customer.• Strength in assessment of qualified business opportunities• Maintain a high level of awareness in regards to industry trends and competitive activity within the Data & Devices market.• Drive sales growth through maximization of resources and execution of market segment strategies.• Effectively communicate with all other team members locally and across regions to promote the business needs of the customer.
What your background should look like:
• BS degree in Business/Engineering required• 5+ years of sales experience in electronics industry (technical experience preferred)• Prefer candidates with some knowledge of electronics components, preferably in one or more of TE product lines (connectors, cable and cable assemblies)• Demonstrated ability to provide effective project leadership• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize• Strong interpersonal & negotiating skills• Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate across all levels within and outside of the organization• Ability and willingness to travel as required• Successful candidates will have strong ability to work independently• Outstanding networking, influencing, and listening skills• Experience reading/interpreting customer drawings• Customer Focus: Is dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
About TE ConnectivityTE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.comand on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers: We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland