The Account Vice President is a subject matter expert in market access and reimbursement who provides strategic insights to clients, vision and oversight to internal teams, and leads ICON's business development efforts in new and existing client accounts.
Location: Any US location, can be office or home based
• Develop team vision and strategy in conjunction with leadership
• Lead sales efforts to achieve targets in new and existing accounts
• Collaborate with colleagues across the ACC organization to make introductions, identify sales leads, and coordinate and share subject matter expertise to ensure excellence in delivery and client satisfaction
• Provide subject-matter expertise to staff or clients directly on industry trends, best practices, strategy, innovative programming, and other relevant strategic topics in market access and reimbursement
• Work collaboratively with the centralized delivery and project management organization to set and manage client expectations and help drive productivity and cost control
• Ensure timely pipeline and revenue tracking and reporting
• Manage pricing/margin of new proposals with the Project Management team.
• Maintain a positive, results-oriented and engaging work environment.
• Communicate to the client engagement team in an open, balanced and objective manner.
• Participate in industry meetings and events
To perform the Account Vice President role successfully, the individual in the role must meet the requirements and possess the skills and knowledge listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 10+ years of experience in a consulting or managed care organization that makes the candidate a subject matter expert in the field of market access and able to lead strategic thinking in the field
· 5 or more years in a medical communications agency with a strong preference for market access / payer marketing agency with recent, senior account management experience
· Demonstrated ability to sell new business and upsell in existing accounts based on personal contacts and introductions by others
· Master's degree in a relevant field (MBA, MPH, PhD, Marketing, other science) preferred; bachelor's degree required
· Strong written and oral presentation skills; communicates effectively with others at all levels within the organization and with clients/vendors.
· Track record of leading successful leading client and internal planning initiatives as demonstrated by ongoing client relationships
· Demonstrated ability to manage and mentor staff, including direct reports and dotted line reports (virtual team mates)
· Ability to Travel (approximately 25%) domestic
Benefits of working at ICON
We provide our employees with the resources to be successful in supporting their line of business. In addition, we offer a strong benefits package that includes a comprehensive health plan, retirement plans, competitive pay, vacation and an incentive plan to reward performance.
Executive / senior industry position
Yardley , United States