Purpose of the Job:
This position will provide general and cost accounting duties and perform assignments as the Controller may direct.
- Audit and control plant accounting process in line with appropriate accounting guidelines and policies.
- Process hourly payroll which includes modifying and changing Kronos information. Must understand and apply contract language and practices. Must reconcile payroll files with any modifications made. Prepare and issue all weekly Labor reports that are used to control and report labor performance. Work with plant management to resolve variances and assist them with control of labor.
- Confirm authorization to pay all nonPO invoices, code and submit for payment approval.
- Provide backup for Production Reporting Raw Material and Paper receipts and Outside Warehouse Reconciliations.
- Assist with Finished Goods inventory reconciliation process to include adjustment entries reconciliation and audits.
- Comply with Environmental and Food Safety standards as set forth in plant policies/programs within Department responsibilities.
- Ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree in finance accounting business or related discipline, with a minimum of 3 years accounting experience.
- Professional certification is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a team-based environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with management and outside customers.
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and technical skills, with good team dynamics and possess strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills, as well as knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Applications. SAP experience in compiling information and creating reports is a plus.
Our Vision and Values The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com.
Nearest Major Market: Memphis