Executive / senior industry position
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
WuXi Clinical, a wholly owned subsidiary of WuXi AppTec, is a global Contract Research Organization (CRO) providing a comprehensive range of services in clinical development. We provide Phase I to Phase IV clinical development services & BE (Bioequivalence), for products including pharmaceuticals, biologics, and medical devices. With expertise spanning all major therapeutic areas, we deliver the unique blend of an experienced team, combined with the creativity, responsiveness, and customer centric-focus of a highly nimble organization. This forward-thinking approach has allowed us to work on a variety of projects ranging from first-in-human products to marketed drugs and devices.
Founded in 2000, the WuXi AppTec is the leading global pharmaceutical, medical device open-access capability and technology platform company with more than 25,000 employees across 25 locations globally. The WuXi platform is enabling more than 3,000 innovative collaborators from more than 30 countries to bring innovative healthcare products to patients, and to fulfill WuXi AppTec’s dream that “every drug can be made and every disease can be treated.”
Job Summary: The Accountant II performs accounting functions to assist in monthly invoicing and closing using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). This is an in-office position with no travel required.
- Compiles client invoices and books revenue
- Account reconciliation and assistance in month-end closing and reports
- Compiles and analyzes financial information
- Responsible for learning, maintaining, helping others with and improving company financial software & reporting
- Provide project reports and financial guidance to project managers
- Calculate amounts and pay investigators
- Serve as back-up to Accounts Payable
- Other projects and work as assigned
- Monthly invoicing, closing and investigator payments on time and accurate, project set-up and tracking to ensure proper revenue recognition, budgets are followed and change orders are requested when warranted needed, taking ownership of company software so that we are utilizing it to the best of its abilities, positive feedback from project managers, etc
- Position requires employee to know and enforce company fiscal policies
- Position also tracks project financial status, works with project managers to make sure projects are within budget and alerts CFO to any possible problems
- Position provides no formal supervision, but provides informal mentoring and guidance to Project Managers on project financials and accounts payable on accounting functions
- Receives general supervision from Chief Financial Officer
- Must show ability to gather and analyze data, develop solutions to issues and apply previous lessons to future work
- Is expected to apply decisions from previous discussions to new situations and seek assistance when warranted
- Must make effective decisions on managing tasks within time constraints so that deadlines are met
- Expected to be a self-starter, require minimal supervision and streamline and improve processes whenever possible
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and WuXi AppTec Policies and Standard Operating
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree required
- CPA preferred, not required
- Proficient in Excel, knowledge of GAAP
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Strong fluency in English (verbally and in writing) with clear diction and ability to demonstrate concise technical writing skills with minimal grammatical or logical errors
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented with the ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Must exhibit positive, professional demeanor in all communications with employees, clients and investigative sites, and must be able to introduce differing communication strategies as warranted
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and potential resolutions to project managers and supervisor
- Ability to stand or sit for most of the work day
- Must be able to perform some activities with repetitive motion, such as keyboarding
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability Click here to get started. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability