The administrative assistant will perform day-to-day administrative, special project, and clerical work essential for the smooth operation of the Office of the Associate Vice President for Administration.The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and be able to work both independently and in collaboration with other areas of administration. This person must be exceedingly well-organized and enjoy the administrative challenges inherent in supporting an office with diverse projects and rapidly-changing priorities. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, under pressure, while remaining positive, flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient is essential. High levels of professionalism and confidentiality are crucial to this role. The person in this position must utilize problem solving skills on a myriad of levels, using discernment to efficiently and effectively rearrange complex schedules. It is vital for this person to be able to assess the status quo and the desired final product, and then create an appropriate action plan. Advanced written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability, and attention to details are equally important.
- Provide the highest level of service on the phone, handling inquiries, and directing all incoming calls to the appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
- Maintain, prioritize, and administer a complex task management system.
- Responsible for intensive file management (including both electronic and hard copy).
- Process vendor payments, credit card billing, and reconciliations.
- Responsible for calendar management, requiring interactions with both internal and external executives, assistants, and consultants, to coordinate a variety of complex meetings, luncheons, and events.
- Provide general office support for the office of the Associate Vice President of Administration, greet visitors, review incoming calls, formulate spreadsheets and databases.
- Draft correspondence for the Associate Vice President of Administration, as needed.
- Support a recurring administrative calendar and coordinate timing of action items for time sensitive projects.
- Coordinate and prepare presentations, as needed.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Assist with special projects as needed for the Office of the Executive Vice President, Office of the Chief Operating Officer, Planning Operation and Construction, the Office of Emergency Services, the Office of Governmental and Regulatory Affairs, and the Center for Sustainability.
- Uphold the University Mission through work performed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree. Strong interpersonal communication skills. Strong administrative support skills including proficiency with both MAC and PC. Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform work while under pressure. Ability to proactively address issues. Ability to maintain confidentiality in highly sensitive matters. Ability to work effectively with university administrators, Regents, faculty, staff, students, vendors, attorneys, and government officials. Have a sense of urgency and responsiveness when handling projects, with an ability to handle multiple tasks focused on university objectives in a timely manner.
Preferred: Master's degree. Experience as office manager, executive assistant, or administrative assistant.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
Oops! Please check your email for errors!