Expires: October 18th, 2019
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one (1) full-time Administrative Assistant position within our Policy Unit located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Policy Unit. This position requires the ability to work independently in exercising judgement and initiative and will require flexible working hours.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief of Staff and Senior Policy Analyst within the Policy Unit;
- Draft, type and proofread documents including but not limited to; reports, letters, briefing notes, memoranda, statements, forms;
- Schedule appointments, meetings, travel arrangements and maintain calendar;
- Conduct research, assist with preparing financial reports and maintaining financial records;
- Prepare agenda and information kits for meetings and take, transcribe and edit meeting minutes;
- Process and maintain a log of incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Photocopy and organize documents for distribution, mailing, filing and faxing;
- Develop and maintain tracking systems and electronic and hard copy filing systems;
- Receive visitors, screen calls, take messages and determine urgency;
- Order office supplies, complete purchase orders and allocate expenses as per budget for review as requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts in Native Studies or Political Studies is an asset;
- Five years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant or similar role;
- Excellent communication skills including experience drafting correspondence and preparing reports;
- Experience in a computerized office environment with a proven ability with Microsoft Office;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain filing systems and maintain confidential records and files;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset;
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in Word format, referencing the job posting number by Thursday, October 17, 2019.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
Room 115-6, A.E. McKenzie Building 270 - 18th Street