Company DescriptionAt CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Do you have proven first class administrative support skills? Are you a service-oriented professional with strong interpersonal skills who enjoys being part of a dynamic team? Are you experienced in working in a fast-paced environment, managing a wide variety of matters from staff scheduling to quality management support? Have you some experience in business analysis to help us enhancing the various IT systems we are using? Are you organised and ready to support an international team of over 50 highly skilled firefighters? Then this opportunity is for you! CERN, take part!
You will be joining CERN's Occupational Health and Safety & Environmental Protection Unit (HSE) that is the body that drives CERN’s security policy, and more specifically the CERN Fire and Rescue Service (CFRS) that provides a local emergency response to the whole CERN community.
As the CFRS Administrative Assistant, you will:
- Monitor and support the arrivals and departures of new fire fighters and other members of personnel;
- Provide information and ensure application of the Organization’s rules and procedures, notably by handling multiple administrative formalities such as follow-up of contracts, leave, travels, calculation of overtime, etc.;
- Manage, together with a fire officer, the yearly shift schedule (roster) of the CFRS;
- Provide personal assistance (managing diaries, incoming and outgoing phone calls, e-mails, official duty travels, meetings) to the Group Leader and Group Leader’s Office ;
- Process information and provide assistance for document drafting, editing, proof-reading, follow-up, distribution, updating and archiving;
- Take part in the configuration/parametrization of the administrative information system, with a special insight on the enhancement/upgrade of the CFRS roster;
- Provide end-user support and training on the use of the administrative information system.
Technical certificate or general secondary education or equivalent relevant experience in the field of administration or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in providing comprehensive administrative support in an international environment.
- Some relevant experience in business analysis to support the enhancement of the administrative information systems will be an asset.
- Customer service;
- Secretarial work;
- Text editing and proof-reading;
- Use of office software packages, including electronic document management systems and administrative information systems.
- Working in teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues; building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Communicating effectively: providing others with timely information; ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented.
- Demonstrating accountability: working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises; presenting information accurately and objectively.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements; readily accepting new tasks or work/projects.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
- Good knowledge of English or French: basic knowledge of the other language or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 21.10.2020.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- A valid driving licence.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: HSE-FB-2020-110-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Personal/Team Assistant