Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Administrative Budget AssistantApplyDepartment of MedicineLos Angeles, California
The Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology is seeking an Administrative Budget Assistant to join its team. The applicant will be responsible for processing all faculty/fellow reimbursements, providing assistance with month-end closing processes related to cost allocations for billing purposes; performing associated data entry; maintaining accurate spreadsheets with a breakdown of service charges. Additionally, the Administrative Budget Assistant will provide general administrative duties for faculty as required. Including but not limited to: scheduling/calendaring, credentialing, answering telephones, and travel arrangements.
The ideal candidate must have excellent skills in organization, time management, with strong attention to detail, interpersonal relations, task prioritization, and the ability to work independently.
Job Accountabilities Include:
- Monitors and/or controls expenditures for intercampus and external vendors. Reconciles vendor statements and pays invoices. Interfaces with purchasing, external vendors and accounts payable to verify prices and resolve discrepancies.
- Assists clinical administrator with month-end closing processes related to cost allocations for billing purposes
- Maintains spreadsheets with a breakdown of invoicing and service charges.
- Prepares, processes and/or reviews paperwork, e.g., various budget and business forms.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports and related materials or guides the work of other staff that produces these materials. Reviews and signs, as authorized.
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning events. Arranges with vendors for services, prepares agendas, gathers and organizes supporting information, and oversees production and distribution of related materials.
- Reconciles internal records to university financial system ASR's. Researches problems and corrects errors.
- Researches and gathers data for departmental reports. Conducts preliminary analysis of data. Recommends report content and format to display findings most effectively.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Preferred Education: Associates degree, combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Preferred Experience: 3 years secretarial, clerical or administrative experience with at least 1 year experience to include budget, financial or payroll experience.
Preferred Field of Expertise: Administrative
Percentage of Time: 100% full time
Minimum Education: Associate's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Secretarial, clerical or administrative experience including some budget, financial or payroll experience.REQ20084721 Posted Date: 10/19/2020 - Thru date - 2020-11-14Apply
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance (PDF)opens in a new window. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.