- Enhance PVC Culture - Create, uphold, and model a professional service-oriented working environment in the office that prioritizes the community first.
- Office Management - Provide general office support and management for all Pepperdine Volunteer Center staff, students, and programs including but not limited to reallocating and substantiating credit card charges, travel advances, tracking fundraising through a crowdsourcing site, hiring, training and managing student office worker positions, coordinating room reservations and food requests, van recharges, internal/external requisitions, travel and expense reimbursements.
- Jumpstart Program Support - Assist/support major Jumpstart programs, including trainings, events, and Jumpstart For A Day. Provide financial accounting and compliance through tracking documents and partnerships with National Jumpstart Fiscal Office and Pepperdine's Office of Research and Sponsored Programs as well as ongoing compliance needs for an AmeriCorps federal grant.
- Program and Event Management - Assist with major Volunteer Center events and programs, including but not limited to Step Forward Day, monthly one-time programs, weekly ongoing opportunities, awareness weeks, campus-wide collaborative gatherings and faculty meetings. Project Serve is the PVC Alternative Spring Break program and this position oversees, supports, and creates systems to enhance the program and experience of students, vendors, nonprofit organizations and staff partners throughout campus.
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking - Act on behalf of the Director in regard to problem-solving and decision-making for students, staff, program and event matters as needed.
- High-Level Communication - Coordinate, manage, and write communication on behalf of the Volunteer Center in the form of a weekly Newsletter to PVC student staff, and provide ongoing maintenance and oversight of the PVC website, www.pepperdine.edu/volunteercenter.
- Guest Services - Assist and/or direct students, faculty, staff, and community partners seeking service from the Pepperdine Volunteer Center.
- Space Management - Manage the Pepperdine Volunteer Center facility, office, and storage areas including opening and closing the PVC office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelors Degree; 3+ years of office experience in an administration or management role. Superior professional and organizational skills; excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills including telephone, face-to-face, and business writing with proofreading and basic editing skills; knowledge of standard office procedures and practices; detail-oriented; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to interact professionally and effectively with students, University personnel and public; ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, efficiently and effectively; ability to follow-up and follow-through on multiple projects with a sense of urgency; strong word-processing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, in both PC and Apple technology. Personal Faith in Jesus Christ, active involvement in a local church; demonstrated support for the Christian mission of the University.
Preferred: 5+ years experience managing an office or administrative experience; non-profit, community development and/or fundraising experience; demonstrated knowledge of social justice issues in local community and involvement in social change efforts; 2+ years experience volunteering with the same organization; supervisory and project management skills; HTML or other website coding or editing knowledge and experience; an understanding of college student development and theory.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
Oops! Please check your email for errors!