Minimum Level of Education Required: Masters Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: CA - San DiegoJob Description
This is an exciting opportunity for a Talented Algorithm Developer to join our Surgical Intelligence Development Team as you engage in new development on new features, as well as maintenance of the existing code base. As a seasoned Algorithm Developer, you’ll tap into your software development expertise as you tackle complex issues to build real-time medical imaging algorithms taking design, requirements, standards, and patient safety into account.
- You are a scientist at heart who prefers to be embedded in a multi-disciplinary product development team.
- You love the challenges of shepherding an idea from initial concept to finished software product, equally comfortable with lab/bench-top testing and software product testing.
- Because you take pride in your work, you understand the importance of code standards as you develop quality, sustainable code with a solid design.
- Hitting milestones and deadlines are part of your nature, so you enjoy collaborating with teams to ensure on-time delivery.
- With an eye on continual improvement, you possess a great can-do attitude and openly share ideas on how to improve the process of evolving a prototype algorithm into a robust, successful product.
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) or equivalent experience in a quantitative field with strong focus on image processing, computer vision, statistical estimation, or similar.
- Strong experience in software development using image processing algorithms (registration, enhancement, segmentation, object classification/recognition)
- Proficient in either Matlab or Python (for algorithm prototyping), and C++ (for production code), with strong experience in proper software testing methods (unit, regression, accuracy)
- Experience with thorough performance testing of prototype algorithms, including laboratory and bench-top testing, simulations, and statistical performance testing
- Collaborative approach with strong communication skills to troubleshoot, plan, and prioritize with an interdisciplinary team
- Experience with and ability to thrive in a fast-paced development environment with evolving priorities and requirements
- Experience in optimizing image-processing algorithms for real-time operation using CUDA / GPU
- Image-processing and algorithm development for computer-assisted surgery (2D/3D spatial navigation, multimodal registration, image enhancement, close-range photogrammetry)
- Familiarity with medical imaging modalities used in surgical applications (X-Ray, CT scan, MRI)
- Solid understanding of C# and .NET development
- Agile software development methodologies and TDD
- Statistical algorithm methods (parameter estimation, detection, performance evaluation)
- Experience with Deep Neural Networks for image segmentation / classification
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here. NuVasive's EEO policy is available here. Nuvasive is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please contact us at email@example.com.