Researcher / analyst
Share this Job Title: Analyst, Internal Controls
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The analyst, Internal Controls will be a member of the Global Internal Controls team focused on executing a best-in-class internal controls over financial reporting program for the Company with an emphasis on an efficient and effective Schedule of Authorizations (SOA).
- Schedule of Authorizations
- The analyst will assist with the update of the Schedule of Authorizations (SOA). The analyst will be responsible for project management over the process of combining multiple separate SOAs into one combined SOA, communication and training plans related to use of the SOA and development of related process documentation. The analyst will assist in executing a plan that includes working with differing levels of management to develop a Company-wide SOA that allows the business to make agile, effective and efficient decisions, while still appropriately addressing the risk.
- SOX compliance
- The analyst will assist in risk scoping, identification of key controls, coordination of control testing in support of management’s control certification and evaluation of testing results. The analyst will support identification and testing of internal control over financial reporting of the company in conjunction with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance. The analyst is responsible for working with different business owners on implementation, execution and compliance with entity and process level controls. The analyst is responsible for providing best practice and process improvement recommendations to management and providing related implementation support. The analyst collects, reviews and analyzes data pertaining to information systems functions relative to SOX compliance. The analyst will participate in special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in the maintenance, update and communication of the Schedule of Authorizations (SOA).
- Develop process documentation, training materials and communications plans related to the SOA and Delegation of Authorizations (DOA) tools.
- Assist in the design and development of automated solutions for approval workflows and other key ICFR control processes.
- Assist in coordinating the update of all SOX documentation, including narratives, flowcharts and control matrices to reflect current processes and controls.
- Assist in defining steps to analyze the design and operating effectiveness of financial and disclosure controls consistent with internal control technical and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with other functions including business units, internal audit, external audit and other risk and control professionals across the Company.
- Support coordination for internal and external audits related to internal controls over financial reporting.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for management to continually improve business process, implement best practices and mature the internal controls environment.
- Complete assignments related to walkthrough of transactions and assist business process owners in the development of process documentation in support of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) framework.
- Participate in Special Projects, such as acquisition integration, business process improvement, system implementation and other areas as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related curriculum such as Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with 1-3 years of related experience.
- Clear understanding of business risk, internal control technical and regulatory requirements and SOX testing procedures.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with different internal control stakeholders (Internal Audit, External Audit, IT and Business owners) to effectively and efficiently complete ICFR and Disclosure Control scoping, testing, evaluation and reporting.
- Exposure to companies with significant foreign operations and/or manufacturing operations is a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong PC skills, especially with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of financial accounting systems, preferably Oracle or SAP.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in “Big-4” or other large public accounting or consulting firm, including experience at the in-charge level with audits of publicly-held companies, or equivalent combination of “Big-4” or other large public accounting or consulting firm and accounting/financial controls experience with a publicly-held company.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Segment: Consulting, ERP, Database, Oracle, Law, Technology, Legal
Researcher / analyst