Other jobs, mid-level industry position
Primary focus is providing analytical and IT/systems support for Materials personnel at all levels of complexity. Works under limited supervision with general instructions given on new assignments.
- Develop and document PC based data collection and analysis tools to enable Materials groups to function efficiently and effectively in order to meet their objectives and successfully complete their initiatives.
- Identify ongoing opportunities and approaches for automating functional business processes. Work with users to initiate improvement programs and enhancements in Business Process as well as other Materials functions.
- Understands master data functionality and performs audits to ensure accuracy.
- Analyze performance of Materials functions and identify opportunities for improvement (metrics maintenance).
- Build and maintain databases for ongoing analysis that are integrated and scalable.
- Work with users to identify, diagnose and solve system issues.
- Develop and administer technical skill assessments for systems (SAP, PC and RR) to Materials personnel to identify training needs.
- Design functional/systems/tools training and educational documentation for employees in all Materials functions.
- Work with the users/GSP team to define and test SAP reports, databases or other systems functionality and tools requested by Materials groups.
- Acts as the primary liaison between Materials personnel and GSP for ad-hoc request as well as participation on the GSP PD (Product Delivery) and SC (Supply Chain) committees.
- Works with Corporate GSP, Dor Operations and Supply Chain IT functions as well as Materials functions across the plant network in the SIR project prioritization process to set priorities, define user requirements specifications, create testing scenarios and successfully implement new IT projects, modules, enhancements and releases.
9+ years of Supply Chain, Business process or Systems experience
Strong experience as SAP SME (Master Data maintenance, MRP, Inventory Management) and advance supply chain systems
Project Management or Systems Development experience
Data visualization systems knowledge preferred
Strong communication skills with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization
Flexibility to travel, and flexible to schedule to accommodate multiple time zones
Strong analytical problem-solving skills