Researcher / analyst
Research Accounting within Finance is currently seeking a Full-time Limited Term Analyst for approximately 1 year.
This position reports to the Manager, Project Finance Administration, and will coordinate the delivery of Research Accounting finance support to various stakeholders while adhering to and promoting strong internal control and best practices.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Supports the Research Accounting team and the financial reporting of the University's sponsored research, endowment income and other restricted funds
- Ensure research revenue and non-research revenues are accurately accounted for within the University's financial system
- Develop, test, implement and maintain complex reporting applications and reports
- Remain current on various funding agency guidelines and requirements
- Perform business and systems analysis and provide advice on business issues including changes to application tools, existing systems, processes, procedures, reporting and control functions
- Act as a resource to management to provide accurate, reliable and timely special reports
- Provide advice and guidance and respond to requests for information from both internal and external users
- Perform as part of a team on project-related work as required
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Recent graduate or near completion of a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA) with a related University degree, in business, finance, accounting or a related field
- Five or more years of extensive work experience in progressively more responsible role accounting functions including budgeting, and financial analysis
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and are capable of building and maintaining productive and supportive working relationships
- Proficient user of computer software applications, including large integrated enterprise resource planning systems, data warehousing and business intelligence tools, and spreadsheets
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Application Deadline: September 18, 2019
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
This position is classified in the Professional Career Band, Level 2 of the Management and Professional Staff Career Framework.
To find out more about management and staff opportunities at the University of Calgary and all we have to offer, view our Management and Staff Careers website.
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university – a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca.
The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their professional success while they are here. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.