Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Reviews work order submissions to ensure they contain all required supporting documentation.
- Facilitates accurate monthly close-outs for all work orders in compliance with relevant policies and documentation requirements.
- Responds to informational and documentation requests from other functional areas in Plant Accounting to support accounting and reporting.
- Responsible for the execution of the construction/retirement work order lifecycle in order to properly account for the assets of National Grid and meet the requirements and expectations of regulators and key stakeholders.
- Accounts and properly reports asset information for construction work orders.
- Coordinates with Analysts to ensure precise journal entries are entered for month-end close and reporting purposes.
- Understands the overall transaction flow of the work order process and rules of eligibility for any company or work order type.
- Navigates PowerPlan, STORMS, and Maximo systems to access necessary information in order to process work orders.
- Reviews work orders and monitor Automatic Review for Closing (ARC) to identify errors and missing documentation.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Document preparation
- Work Order Compliance
- Implementation of corrective measures
- Capital and fixed asset accounting
- FERC policy
- Process centric operations
- Financial control frameworks
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration 3 years of experience in general or fixed asset accounting environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications
- Knowledge and/or experience using PowerPlan
- Knowledge of general ledger platforms, with a strong preference for SAP experience
- Knowledge and/or exposure to Maximo, STORMS and other work management systems
- Experience in investigating issues using various amounts of data and working with multiple tools to define root causes
- Ability to research complex issues and use deductive reasoning skills
- Experience in recommending process improvements along with addressing the root cause
- Possesses good interpersonal skills and team working capabilities
Corporate / senior
Brooklyn , United States