Practitioner / consultant
The Analytics Consulting team is responsible for turning billions of data points captured every day in the EHR into meaningful insights that help clients’ better diagnosis and plan for how to solve a problem. Through an iterative approach, the Analytics Consulting team helps clients analyze EMR data. Part of this methodology includes iterating until we generate an insight in to the data to provide clients with tools to help them make smarter and data driven decisions.In addition to having an approach that goes beyond reporting actionable insights, as a team we also believe we possess a set of unique skillsets that make us effective. Specific examples include data acquisition (CCL, SQL), data visualization (tableau reporting), data analysis including basis stats and Cerner solution knowledge. We are looking for a bright new team member with a strong grounding in Cerner’s solutions, an analytical mind and strong project management capabilities.
Working directly with our clients is one of the most impactful careers you will find. Whether your background is in health care, business or technology you can help transform the quality of care for all of us.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, Statistics or Healthcare or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 5 years operational, clinical, financial or health care metrics work experience
- Strong technical skills including: CCL/SQL, Microsoft Excel
- In-depth understanding of Cerner solutions and Millennium data elements
- Ability to understand and prioritize work based on the value goals of a project
- Communication skills; able to facilitate meetings with clinicians, strategists, Cerner executives; able to facilitate meetings with clients
- Ability to develop effective presentations and data visualizations
- Analytical thinking and interest in using metrics to improve decision-making and influence behavior
- Curiosity to solve problems
- Project management success
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Willing to work overtime or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Must be in, or willing to relocate to Kansas City
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Yes - Domestic/Regional
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.