Executive / senior industry position
About the role
The primary responsibility of the Magellan Analytics Lead role is to own and drive the effort of designing and building the Analytics and Reporting solution as part of the Magellan business transformation program. This leader must be a balanced thinker that weighs technical, business, financial and operational perspectives. This exciting, multi-dimensional role enjoys a variety of responsibilities in building out a robust data management and analytics architecture to enable business process execution centered around the SAP S/4 based solution and unlock insights by utilizing capabilities across S/4, Fiori, HANA, BW and other tools.
Your responsibilities include:
- Establishes and manages the Analytics team for Magellan including capabilities in Fiori, HANA, BW or B/4 and EDH by leveraging both internal resources and external partners.
- Works collaboratively with the key BSC stakeholders including the COE teams managing EDH, analytics and other business functions.
- Leads the design and build of the solution architecture for data management and analytics.
- Defines the analytics approach to support the interim state during the Magellan timeline.
- Partners with scrum teams to coordinate the activities and resources to capture analytics needs and activate the standard reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Partners with PMO and scrum masters to apply the lean and agile principles in the delivery of the solution.
- Partners with other enabling functions in Magellan to coordinate the solution design, build, test and deployment activities including Tech Arch, Integration, Test Management, Deployment, etc.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience with combination of SAP ECC, SAP S/4 HANA, BW or B/4, Fiori, Tableau, or AWS
- A minimum of 10+ years of technical and management experience leading multiple technical teams and complex, concurrent IT projects.
- Demonstrated experience with designing and building the data management and analytics architecture in the context of large-scale SAP implementation program
- Proven skills and demonstrated ability to design and build solutions that generate actionable insights out of data and analytics
- Self-starter with strong, proactive work ethic and fast learner
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple competing IT priorities in a fast paced, regulated environment
- Strong project management, operations, and people management experience
- Proven experience developing and maintaining a strong relationship with internal stakeholders, IT partners and software vendors; ability to influence senior leadership and form relationships across a highly matrixed organization to drive change
- Experience working with people across different geographies, including remote management of people and deliverables
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to effectively communicate with executive leadership and to convincingly articulate complex analytical ideas in a simple way to a variety of key stakeholders from different functions
- Demonstrated ability to develop business cases to help drive prioritization of key customer and provider experience strategies
- Experience in managing Product Teams and SCRUM methodologies in a lean-agile environment
- Experience with Data Mining, Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics & Modeling
- Experience directly managing teams of data scientists and/or other analytical skill sets
- Experience in the life science or medical device industry