Mid-level industry position
This posting is for a field-based technical sales specialist position within the Applied Division with focus on the Advanced Analytical portfolio. The industrial and testing market segments are target areas with emphasis on the Research Division, Pharma (Pharma QC). You will be responsible for scientific discussions and developing relationships with customers with the main goal of driving the adoption of our vast Advanced Analytical portfolio, discussing how our products are used in the customer's experiments and collecting objective feedback. Be a subject matter expert in the analytical workflow and be able to become fully versed and support new product introductions in the adjacent workflows.
- In coordination with the account manager, assist with support, sales plans and strategies for active and potential business for analytical workflows.
- Identify and understand customer’s requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicate these solutions to customers.
- Have intimate knowledge of research/testing applications to position our analytical product offering, to empower our customers to solve their challenges.
- Ability to build scientific credibility with customers, the commercial organization, and marketing.
- Deepen and broaden MilliporeSigma customer relationships with key scientific leaders.
- Assist Account Managers with account mapping by having a comprehensive understanding of the customer's research, business initiatives, R&D organizational structure, and new technology evaluation/implementation processes.
- Set-up, coordinate and deliver customer-facing technical presentations differentiating the MilliporeSigma offer.
- Tailoring of technical content to the customer.
- Provide support in disseminating technical information on specific applications to account managers and customers.
- Provide knowledge of competition and the current marketplace.
- Partner with Commercial Marketing and Product Management to ensure the successful launch of innovative analytical products ensuring commercial success through engagement with the field sales teams and directly with the customer; generation and implementation of materials supporting strategic and tactical sales initiatives.
- MS degree with 4+ years’ experience, or PhD.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively handle customer problems and support the sales team’s efforts.
- Strong presentation and selling skills.
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a matrix environment.
- Rapidly acquire technical knowledge of MilliporeSigma innovations and position them into workflows and technical selling.
- Meet or exceed established sales goals; deliver revenue commitments in accordance with targets.
- High level of curiosity and a positive approach to embracing change.
- Ability to travel regularly (40-50%), overnight travel is dependent on home location.
- Computer literacy is mandatory (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, SalesForce, etc.).
- Must live within the territory. No relocation packages are available.
- Prior field Sales, Marketing or Customer experience is preferred.
- Degree in analytical chemistry or related field with a minimum 3 years of industrial experience or equivalent.
- Experience in the following techniques/workflows including sample prep: liquid and chromatography, LC-MS, GC-MS. Ideally measuring both small and large molecules.