Assistant professor / lecturer
We are looking for
Are you a standout researcher who is motivated to advance the group’s as well as your own research and education? Than we might be looking for you!
The Agricultural Economics and Rural Policy Group (AEP) at Wageningen University is looking for a new colleague.
- you preferably have some years of experience as a postdoctoral researcher after obtaining your PhD degree.
- you are an agricultural economist or an economist with an interest in our field of expertise with a strong micro-economic background and a theory-driven empirical research orientation.
- you are passionate about connecting your research skills to research opportunities in the bio-economy and rural development context.
We prefer individuals with research interests that link to our domain, including rural policies, markets and value chains or organizational and institutional economics. You should have experience with publishing your work in leading/top disciplinary and general economics journals. We further expect you to build up your own research line.
Expected starting date will be September 1st, 2019 or soon thereafter.
- a PhD in agricultural economics or a related discipline;
- a track record of publications;
- preferably experience in teaching and thesis supervision;
- a strong motivation to conduct scientifically and socially impactful research;
- the ability to act as a valuable teammate who contributes to the wider interests of our group.
The appointment will consist of conducting research (40%), education (40%), and management tasks (20% of your time).
A challenging tenure track career trajectory. From entering the position you can eventually grow into the position of Professor holding a Personal Chair. You will get training and mentoring and we stimulate international collaboration.
The position is full time, based on a 38-hour working week. The first contract will be a temporary contract for three years (0.8 – 1.0 fte), which can lead to a permanent employment contract. The salary will depend on qualifications and experience. For Assistant Professors from € 3.545 to € 5.513 per month and for Associate Professors from € 4.911 to € 6.567 per month (gross) based on 38 hours, in accordance with, the Collective Labour Agreement of Wageningen University.
For more information about Tenure Track within Wageningen UR look here at our website
IN ADDITION WE OFFER
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% fixed-year allowance.
- Excellent training opportunities and secondary working conditions.
- An excellent pension scheme via ABP.
- 232 holiday hours, the ability to purchase and good supplementary leave arrangements and an individualized model to compose part of your working conditions and a bicycle plan.
- Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, by which 30% of their salary is exempt from tax; details can be found here .
- Sports facilities available on campus which can be used against a small fee.
- We stimulate internal growth opportunities and mobility with an active and internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for taking initiative in a creative learning environment.
Would you like to know more about this vacancy? We will be more than happy to provide you with further information. For questions regarding content, please contact the Chair of the group Justus Wesseler at email@example.com. For additional information about living in the Netherlands, tax, salary and benefits feel free to call Jacqueline Huisman, Recruiter, via +13(0) 621 563413.
Please submit your application no later than May 30, 2019 and please use the application button to apply (https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies/Show/Assistant-Associate-Professor-Agricultural-Economics-and-Rural-Policy.htm) . Your application should include:
- Letter of motivation
- CV, including a list of publications
- Two letters of recommendation
A first round of job interviews will be held in early June. The second interview including a (public) lecture will be held in Wageningen and will take place in late June 2019.
The Agricultural Economics and Rural Policy Group (AEP) carries out research focusing on economic and institutional issues within the bioeconomy, and teaches across a wide range of aspects related to the contribution of the bio-economy and the agricultural sector in particular to sustainable development.
The objective of the AEP Group is to create impact in science and in society by disseminating research results to other researchers, policy makers, students and societal actors.
Our group is focusing on developed countries, and the EU more specifically. However, the continuous transformation of agriculture from being mainly a producer of food and feed to a producer of biological resources and green services for the bioeconomy in the western world is increasingly observed as a worldwide phenomenon. For this reason, the research of the AEP Group is also directed towards economies in Eastern Europe and China and other countries of the Global South.
More information about the AEP Group is available here
The mission of our University is “to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment. With approximately 30 locations, 6,500 employees, and 10,000 students, it is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of our approach.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.