Mid-level industry position
Provide support to ensure good financial compliance and governance through preparation of GST payable and receivable statements for uploading into the GST portal and reconciliation of the statements with GL. Quality of work and timely preparation and submission of such tax data is of paramount importance since interest is levied for late submissions from the tax department. Responsibilities will also include assisting various functions with finance and operations team.
- Prepare monthly GST payable and receivable statements and other GST related functions after reconciling the same with general ledger. Ensure an accurate and timely reporting of all monthly compliances along with reconciliation. Such statements should provide analysis and explanation for deviations to the differences in register and general ledger.
- Prepare vendor reconciliation statement by reconciling with GSTR2A report from the GST portal and follow-up with Vendors for timely uploading of their sales so that no Input Tax Credit is lost to the company. Partner with procurement team to get the desired contact details of the Vendors.
- Prepare statements and maintain documentation required for VAT/CST/Service Tax assessments, appeals and GST audits.
- Assist and Support in various projects taken by GST team as well as timely submission of the required documents in electronic or physical form.
- Take lead in documentation of all kinds of notices, orders, audits and acknowledgements received from the tax department and be pro-active in maintaining the finance file room with indexation.
- Should situations arise, must be able to handle special situations like ERP migrations, ERP system changes due to changes in law/business processes.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment. Understand and follow company rules and regulations. Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B. Com & Inter CA with 6 years of experience in a medium to large scale organization in the tax reporting role is preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of GST, VAT, Service Tax and Excise Duty, accounting principles, laws and regulations.
- Must be PC proficient; must have strong experience with SAP / ERP Migration, and proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be a team player.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
Job Requisition ID: 208757 Working time model: full-time
US Disclosure The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.North America Disclosure The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Technology