Assistant professor / lecturer
The Department of Economics at the Johannes Kepler University Linz (JKU) invites applications for an assistant professorship in Microeconomics (non tenure track, 6 years).
- Hold university courses in the amount of 4 credit hours and supervise theses
- The candidate is expected to successfully represent his/her area of expertise in research and education
- The successful candidate must hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. degree in Economics
- Research experience in Microeconomics, particularly Organizational, Behavioral or Personnel Economics
- A theoretical or empirical focus are possible, however knowledge of theoretical methods is necessary because of teaching obligations (which are 4 hours per week).
- Possess international experience
What We Offer:
- Highly dynamic and cooperative research environment with accomplished colleagues (https://www.jku.at/en/department-of-economics/)
- Stable employer
- Attractive campus environment with good public transportation connections
- Attractive continual educational opportunities
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure
- Broad range of on-campus dining services/healthy meals (organic food at the cafeteria)
- Exercise and sports classes (USI)
- …and much more
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
How to Apply:
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation (including a CV and a recent working paper) to firstname.lastname@example.org or via our online portal jku.at/application. Furthermore you can also send your application to the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Department of Human Resource Management, Altenberger Straße 69, A-4040 Linz. Please include “Job Reference Number 4500“ in your application.