Assistant professor / lecturer
Assistant Professor (Teaching)
Enthusiastic university teacher in Economics who wishes to deliver a highly innovative curriculum and contribute to its design and evolution.
The appointment will be at the level of a tenure-track Assistant Professor leading to a permanent appointment after the completion of a tenure review process after 24 months.
Location: Paris, with the possibility of moving to Lisbon, Amsterdam, or London at a later stage.
Start date: May/June 2022
FORWARD COLLEGEis a novel Higher Education Institution designed for bright students who wish to achieve academic excellence but also nurture their practical, technological, social, and emotional intelligences. We leverage the whole spectrum of human intelligences: cognitive intelligence to analyse and solve complex problems; social intelligence to engage people across different fields of expertise and backgrounds; emotional intelligence to manage one’s balance, be mindful of others, and nurture creativity; and practical intelligence to implement projects effectively, harness technology, and deliver lasting change. Our students embark on a rotating programme of studies for their degree (‘3 years – 3 cities’), spending a year each in Lisbon, Paris, and Amsterdam.
Forward college aims to blend tradition (for excellence) and innovation (for relevance):
Our double degree programme combines
- A fully accredited academic BSc designed by the London School of Economics and awarded by the University of London. Teaching material is delivered to Forward students in-house at Forward College in small groups (max. 15 students), adopting a ‘flipped classroom’ approach
- A highly innovative Bachelor in Business Leadership (BBL), including a range of student-led practical projects.
Our teaching approach combines
- A bespoke tuition with a student-to-faculty ratio of 10:1with small group classes (15 on average) and weekly one-on-one tutoring (for the academic BA/BSc)
- Innovative approaches such as peer to peer, personal development, and project-based learning (for the BBL); digital learning and flipped classroom (for the BSc/BA).
As an Assistant Professor (Teaching) on our Paris Campus you will support students’ ambitions and achievements in their BSc in Economics and BSc in Economics and Politics. More specifically you will have a demonstrated ability to teach courses in Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, and Econometrics.
Working with the Forward Research, Development, and Design Team, and a Senior Academic Advisor from your field, the post holder will be responsible for
- Translating the curriculum designed by the London School of Economics into Forward innovative teaching approach
- Designing and implementing the flipped classroom sessions throughout the academic year (15 students / class)
- Designing tests and formative assessments that will support students in achieving learning outcomes throughout the academic year (September-May)
- Organising and providing the one-on-one tutoring sessions
- Organising talks and conferences with experts in their field of expertise for the benefit of Forward’s students and staff
- Carry our research in your field and/or in the area of pedagogical innovation
The appointment will be at the level of a tenure-track Assistant Professor for two years, leading to a permanent appointment after the completion of a tenure review process after 24 months.
- A PhD in Economics from a top-tier University
- Passion for teaching and learning
- Excellent record in teaching
- An appetite for connecting data analysis to real problems
- Knowledge of pedagogies of Higher Education teaching (PGCHE or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team and be collaborative
- A commitment to fostering a positive and engaging learning environment for students
- Excellent level of English.
- Knowledge of languages other than English
- Multinational educational experience
- Evidence of engaging in continuous professional development
- Experience of the British Higher Education System
Gross Salary of approx. 45-50k€ /year
How to apply
To apply please provide a CV and a cover letter, to be uploaded HERE.
Application Deadline: 12 December
Initial remote interviews will be held in December and January.
The appointee is expected to take up this position in May / June 2022 or as soon as practicable thereafter.
For any further informal queries please contact the academic director at: email@example.com