Assistant professor / lecturer
King Abdulaziz University invites applications for academic position in Health Economics. You will work at the Department of Health Services and Hospital Administration at the Faculty of Economics and Administrations.
The position will require an excellent undergraduate degree in economics or similar discipline with a substantial quantitative element and a PhD in health economics or in economics with a demonstrated interest in health related research and health policy.
For appointments, essential criteria include a strong record in publishing high quality research and successfully attracting research grants, and a broad teaching portfolio.
A track record in conducting research leading to peer review publications in top international journals is highly desirable. Expertise and research interests in any area of health economics are essential. Given the nature of the research, strong quantitative research skills are required such as major in econometric or statistics.
If you are interested please send your CV to email@example.com
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of health economics in the department as a leader in research nationally and internationally.
- Perform significant and continuing scholarly research, preferably in health economics and health policy.
- Contribute to research initiatives in an agreed research area.
- Publish in leading academic journals.
- Teach in undergraduate programs.
- To take responsibility for various administrative responsibilities as requested by the head of the department
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to work with diverse students and colleagues.
- Experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives.
- PhD in Health Economics or Economics.
- Experience teaching at the university level.
- Proven record of research accomplishments, evidenced through research grant awards, published papers, progressive academic promotion, or other criteria.
- Proven teaching excellence, evidenced through course evaluations, teaching awards, or other means.
Application with PhD in Public Health with strong quantitative background can be considered too.