Assistant professor / lecturer
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at: 3012 - COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement and Compliance (ucdenver.edu). Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
Successful candidates will have the ability to design and conduct rigorous, quantitative health services and health policy research. Candidates will have expertise that enables them to teach masters and doctoral level classes in health services research methods, health policy, health economics, healthcare systems, health econometrics, and/or economic evaluation methods.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position has been established at $100,000 to $130,000 for the position of Assistant Professor and $120,000 to $160,000 for the position of Associate Professor.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, rank, internal equity, experience, education, and area of expertise. The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
The University of Colorado is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Diversity and Equity:
Please contact email@example.com for information on disability accommodations
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor requires:
- A research-oriented doctoral degree in economics, health services research, public policy or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated potential to establish an independent, externally funded program of research.
- Demonstrated potential for successful teaching at masters and doctoral levels.
Appointment to the rank of Associate Professor or Professor requires:
- A research doctoral degree in economics, health services research, public policy or related discipline.
- Academic and scholarly accomplishments commensurate with the criteria for appointment at the academic rank of Associate Professor or Professor at the University of Colorado, Colorado School of Public Health, including:
- Exceptional record of peer-reviewed research publications.
- Strong teaching evaluations and experience mentoring students.
- An established program of extramurally funded research as Principal Investigator.
- An established record of leadership & service in the fields of health policy, healthcare delivery, health services research, and/or public health practice.
Demonstrated experience in collaborating with clinician researchers, health care professionals, health policy officials, and/or public health professionals on research projects is desirable at all ranks.
Preferred qualifications at the rank of Assistant Professor include:
- Experience in developing research grant applications.
- Experience in publishing peer-reviewed scientific articles.
Preferred qualifications at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor include:
- Successful record of mentoring PhD students, postdoctoral fellows, and early-career faculty.
- Experience in developing and leading multi-disciplinary research teams, large-scale research projects and center grant proposals.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Assistant professor / lecturer
Anschutz Medical Campus, 1635 Aurora Ct
CO 80045 Aurora , United States