Assistant professor / lecturer
The Teaching Professor series parallels the research-focused Professorial series, but with emphasis upon excellence in teaching and other instruction-related activities.
Assistant Teaching Professor of Economics ( Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment)
University of California San Diego
Position overview Salary range: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales.
Open date: November 23rd, 2021
Next review date: Friday, Dec 24, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Friday, Jul 1, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Economics at the University of California, San Diego, invites applications for an Assistant Teaching Professor position in Economics (also termed Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment, LPSOE). The Teaching Professor series parallels the research-focused Professorial series, but with emphasis upon excellence in teaching and other instruction-related activities.
We seek candidates committed to academic excellence and diversity, equity and inclusion within the faculty, staff, and student body. This position is expected to teach university courses in addition to taking a leading role in improving undergraduate instruction. The candidate would be actively engaged in conducting research at the highest level and contribute to the department and university through administrative service.
Qualifications Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
• Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree in Economics or a related field prior to the start of the appointment and have accomplishments in the field, as evidenced by high quality research.
• Candidates must also demonstrate a record of teaching excellence at the undergraduate level, preferably in Applied Econometrics, Econometrics, and/or Microeconomic Theory.
• Demonstrated success teaching challenging course material to undergraduates and innovating in the classroom.
• Demonstrated ability or potential to serve in a leadership role in the educational program of the department of Economics and University as a whole.
Application Requirements Document requirements
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Cover Letter
• Job Market Paper
• Statement of Research
• Statement of Teaching
• Teaching Evaluations
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our http://facultydiversity.ucsd.edu/recruitment/contributions-to-diversity.html site for more information.
• Misc / Additional (Optional)
• 3-5 letters of reference required
Apply link: https://apptrkr.com/2665777
Help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of California, San Diego is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, covered veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__policy.ucop.edu_doc_5000695_SARS-2DCoV-2D2-5FCovid-2D19&d=DwMFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=1p1nm8oXgrOSQJxpyYfrXMGHr6J-ypOFoP1GKhgxjL0&m=qhl8BcUTOwmd2jWDIXuc2XjxPABC4ZVnlN69zNDdFRQ&s=rX3pS2swVYTSmC79uUmBjYUZrZa6ed0uN24HWzAIVzM&e=. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. For new University of California employees, the applicable deadline is eight weeks after their first date of employment.
The University of California prohibits https://smokefree.ucsd.edu/ use at all University controlled properties.
The UC San Diego Annual Security & Fire Safety Report is available online at: https://www.police.ucsd.edu/docs/annualclery.pdf. This report provides crime and fire statistics, as well as institutional policy statement & procedures. Contact the UC San Diego Police Department at (858) 534-4361 if you want to obtain paper copies of this report.
Job location La Jolla, California
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/2665777
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.