Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEPARTMENT OF BUILDING, CIVIL & ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERINGASSISTANT TO THE CHAIR (P2702B) Posted on: July 18, 2019 Deadline: July 31, 2019 Scope
Reporting to the Chair, the incumbent coordinates and performs administrative tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the department and that all academic and administrative deadlines are met.
- Manage the agenda of the Chair; schedule internal and external appointments and meetings; screen, respond or re-direct telephone and in-person inquiries; compose correspondence and announcements on behalf of the Chair.
- Brief the Chair on issues requiring his attention; prepare dossiers for the Chair for external and internal meetings.
- Act as liaison with departments within and outside of the School, the general university community and respond to inquiries.
- Assist in the preparation as well as placement of advertisements for faculty vacancies and initiate hiring documents.
- Research information requested by various offices concerning faculty, staff, and students.
- Act as resource person to faculty and students regarding academic rules and regulations, university policies and procedures, and general information.
- Ensure the proper administration of university policies and procedures with the department (e.g.: critical path, deadlines set in the CUFA and CUPFA collective agreements).
- Organize and ensure the smooth running of visits to the department; prepare arrangements for guest lectures and coordination of seminars.
- Announce, coordinate, and process, full-time, part-time ,and adjunct recommendations, faculty and student course evaluations, Department Personnel Committee (DPC) and Department Tenure Committee (DTC) matters, teaching fellowship matters; administer support staff absences, leaves, and vacations; maintain files (including confidential) in the Chair’s Office; assist the Chair and faculty with the electronic grade entry.
- Coordinate the course evaluation process.
- Act as assistant at the Departmental Council and for the External Advisory Board of the Department.
- Re-direct work to assistants, as required.
- Diploma of College Studies (3-year professional program) in Office Technology or a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of related work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French to perform administrative duties and to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students, and with external bodies.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to create and format correspondence, documents and reports) and of Excel (to create and format spreadsheets)
- Minute-taking skills are a definite asset.
- Knowledge of the University Student Information System (SIS) and the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science Information System (FIS) a definite asset.
- Knowledge of University policies and academic policies and procedures (preferably in the Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science); familiarity with the University’s undergraduate and graduate programs assets.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle a high volume of inquiries and to meet deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE160-14A and that the associated salary range is $31.56 to $37.95 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 31, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Montreal, Quebec, CanadaMontreal, Quebec, Canada