Saint Paul University (1848) is the founding college of the University of Ottawa, with which it has been federated since 1965. Bilingual and on a human scale, it has nearly 1,000 students; it offers programs in canon law, conflict studies, counselling and psychotherapy, human relations, philosophy, public ethics, social communication, social innovation, theology, and transformative leadership and spirituality. Saint Paul University offers a workplace environment that is conducive to professional growth and a competitive benefits package.
Under the supervision of the Dean, the incumbent coordinates and facilitates the administrative and academic work within the Human Sciences and Philosophy Faculties. Through the provision of administrative support and planning, the incumbent effectively manages the daily operations of the Dean’s office. To this end, the Assistant supports the Dean, faculty members and employees with the administration of files, budgeting and special projects. As the primary contact, the incumbent orchestrates and plans the administrative responsibilities of the office and acts as a liaison for the Dean’s office.
- Acts as primary administrative and financial contact with the Dean, faculty and staff;
- Manages appointment requests on the Dean's agenda;
- works with the dean on special projects;
- Anticipates and implements procedures related to coordination and the scheduling of professors’ contracts (requests for promotion, sabbatical, etc.);
- Prepares relevant applications for the Board of Governors and the Executive Committee and submits them to the Dean;
- Plans and organizes committee meetings for the two faculties;
- Monitors, tracks and records entries within the operating budgets of both faculties and ensures adherence to University’s policies and procedures; validates the monthly budget reports, compares the monthly statements to the expenses incurred and ensures the accuracy;
- Prepares professors’ and teaching assistants’ contracts and submits the necessary documentation and information to Human Resources;
- Provides logistical support for the hiring interviews for professors; welcomes and coordinates the orientation process with the head of the appropriate school and oversees the smooth running of this process.
- possesses a post secondary diploma in administration or the equivalent plus five (5) years relevant work experience in this area;
- Possesses experience in editing and proofreading of French and English texts;
- Has proven experience in monitoring and ensuring accuracy of operating budgets in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Advanced knowledge of the software Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat; familiarity with the software Sage and Eventpro is an asset.
- Sense of responsibility, good judgement, tact and discretion
- Autonomous, strong initiative and ability to problem-solve
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Salary Scale: 6 ($ 50,458 - $ 63,728)
Interested candidates are requested to submit an online application at www.ustpaul.ca by March 26, 2020 at 11 p.m. or until the position is filled.