At the Department of Economics of the University of St.Gallen a new
ASSISTANT/Ph.D. POSITION in FINANCIAL ECONOMETRICS
will be filled starting in September 2018 or later.
The position is part of the Chair of Financial Econometrics held by Prof. Dr. Matthi-as Fengler. The candidates for this position are expected to start a Ph.D. in Economics and Finance (PEF) at the University of St.Gallen (http://www.pef.unisg.ch). The position will start as 50% position and can be increased to 75% later on.
The position is part of the research team in Financial Econometrics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of St.Gallen (http://www.mathstat.unisg.ch). Therefore a strong interest in theoretical and empirical topics of Finance and Economics as well as a strong background in quantitative methods are expected (see also Prof. M. Fengler’s website https://mathstat.unisg.ch/en/chairs/financialeconometrics/).
Applications for the position should be sent by e-mail to Mrs. Margit Albers (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than August 10, 2018.
- Master degree in Economics and Finance; or Mathematics and Statistics (good background knowledge in Econometrics and Finance is essential).
- Willingness to write a Ph.D. in Economics and Finance at the University of St.Gallen (http://www.pef.unisg.ch).
- Strong willingness to apply quantitative methods in Finance and Economics.
- Strong interest in Financial Statistics and Econometrics.
- Interest in BigData applications.
The application package must contain:
- Motivation letter
- Complete Curriculum vitae
- Two recommendation letters
Faculty / phd candidate
Bodanstrasse 6, CH-9000
Sankt Gallen , Switzerland