Researcher / analyst
Associate Data Scientist - Data Applications
Reporting into the Head of Modelling and Decision Sciences
McLaren Applied is a technology company that combines decades of experience in motorsport with fresh thinking to solve crucial challenges and improve people's lives in a diverse range of industries.
As an Associate Data Scientist in the Data Applications product team, you will:
- Develop simulation and data-driven models that underpin our products and solutions.
- Utilise our core platforms and contribute ideas back for how those core platforms can be enhanced to support our teams.
- Contribute to our tools and community of practice through the Modelling and Decision Sciences function.
- Apply a range of known techniques to solve problems, consulting with experts where needed, with sensitivity to the limitations of different approaches.
- Responsible for presentation of work to internal and external stakeholders.
- Harvest reusable software into easily accessible components for others to build on.
- Contribute to solution architectures in simulation and data science.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies and contribute to the continuous improvement of the team.
- Facilitate good working relationships between team members, including those in other disciplines.
- Monitor the external environment for trends in the field of data science, share knowledge and contribute to tech radars.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/MSc in a numerate discipline: Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering.
- Experience in solving business or engineering problems using programming tools (e.g. MATLAB, Python, R).
- Demonstrable interest in the fields of data science, machine learning, simulation, software.
- Work experience that is relevant to the role.
- Demonstrable experience of writing clean, maintainable code.
- An understanding of white-box simulation methods.
- Postgraduate qualification in a numerate discipline.
Values and Behaviours
- We want to create an open and friendly environment where people can learn and grow. Key to this is being able to give and receive feedback in a constructive way.
- You will be part of a cross-functional team, interfacing with other disciplines working towards a common product, platform, or solution goal. This will often involve work outside the field of data science. It is important that individuals see these assignments as opportunities to develop wider engineering skills alongside core data science skills.
- Individuals should take ownership of and lead on their personal learning and development, with support from their career manager.
Researcher / analyst
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom