Executive / senior industry position
Location Novato, California BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind. BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
SUMMARYAfter appropriate on boarding, the Associate Director, Strategic Network Planning will lead strategic analysis projects to deliver successful strategic decisions, support key manufacturing alliances, and support TOPS strategy across various forums and initiatives.
Support senior management in the formulation and implementation of BioMarin's operations strategies. Execute strategy business processes that include: overall strategic planning, make vs. buy decisions, site selection, network risk management. Analyze business opportunities and challenges within the TOPS organization. Provide financial and strategic analyses of decision options and make recommendations to senior management. Lead project teams and influence overall strategic thinking. Proactively manage teams and work with stakeholders to define and implement strategic initiatives; Responsible for successful, on-time project completion and achieved results. Do an excellent job of partnering with stakeholders to prepare and present analyses, decisions and recommendations to senior management. Support new TOPS Alliance Management function on day to day interactions with BD, internal stakeholders and with external partners.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Business, Operations Management, or Industrial Engineering required, Master’s Degree preferred (particularly MBA). Other advanced degree with strong focus on operations, supply chain, finance, quantitative methods, or operations research.
- Other continuing education initiatives highly desirable (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, industry specific coursework)
- 8-10 years work experience in pharmaceutical /biopharmaceutical or other high tech industries; 2-5 years in decision support roles.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment and communicate effectively with customers, peers, and senior management. Strong influence and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with others in a proactive, positive, and constructive manner.
- Excellent communications skills: Oral, written and formal presentation skills with senior management, middle management and line staff
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Creative problem solving skills
- Comfortable and effective working indirectly through others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Applicant_accommodations@bmrn.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.