Executive / senior industry position
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Associate Director, Compliance Monitoring & Auditing is responsible for developing and executing against the Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Jazz) annual compliance monitoring plan. This position will regularly monitor field activities, conduct monitoring and audits of company records and programs, execute against Jazz’s Risk Assessment and Mitigation Process (RAMP) program, and have responsibility for remediation activities related to compliance findings and allegations of non-compliance with Company policy. The position will prepare dashboards, reports, and presentations summarizing monitoring and auditing findings and remediation for audiences ranging from Business Partners to Jazz Leadership.
- Conducts live field monitoring of Commercial and Medical Affairs activities.
- Conducts transactional monitoring of records and systems including but not limited to: patient assistance programs, arrangements and interactions with Independent Charity PAPs, expense reporting, medical information requests, and consulting and advisory engagements.
- Prepares reports, presentations, and dashboards for numerous audiences, including Jazz Leadership, that summarize monitoring and auditing findings and remediation.
- Supports Jazz’s RAMP process and prioritizes monitoring activities and mitigation plans based on potential risks associated with Jazz’s products and with applicable Federal health care program requirements.
- Manages the remediation and corrective action process for the Compliance team.
- Conducts ad-hoc monitoring and auditing as necessitated by investigations and Jazz’s Corporate Integrity Agreement.
- Supports the development and enhancement of data analytics and use of innovative technology to expand and advance monitoring capabilities.
- Contributes as needed to the preparation of Government reporting, including reports required by the Corporate Integrity Agreement, Open Payments, and state law monitoring and reporting.
- Develops and maintains updated knowledge and understanding of Jazz’s products, industry regulations and guidelines, and Company policies and standard operating procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ of healthcare compliance monitoring or auditing experience with a pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical company or within the life sciences industry is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Anti-Kickback Statute and False Claims Act, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) rules and regulations regarding the promotion of pharmaceuticals, HIPAA, Open Payments, and relevant industry guidance, specifically PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals is required.
- Experience working under a Corporate Integrity Agreement is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to completion on-time, meeting internal and external deliverables with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to interact with Jazz employees at all levels of the organization.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently as the circumstances require.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Position may be based in Philadelphia, PA or Palo Alto, CA.
- Participation in ride-alongs’ with field employees: one full day to multiple consecutive days;
- Travel to participate at promotional programs: one hour to full day of attendance;
- Travel to participate at external Conference, Congresses, and Industry events for 1-4 day periods;
- Travel to Palo Alto office if needed to meet with business colleagues.
Description of Work Environment
- Work will be split between an office-based environment (~60%) and a field-based environment (~40%):
- Work indoors will be in a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Work outdoors will require flight travel, overnight lodging, and extended period of time in a car
- Frequent computer use in the field and office;
- Responsibilities will require a work schedule that includes working outside of “normal” work hours while traveling in order to meet business demands;
- Given the nature of work performed by the Compliance Department, Associate Director, Monitoring & Auditing may be asked to temporarily support other compliance related activities (e.g. CIA, compliance investigation(s), etc.) when necessary to meet a compliance obligation or firm [e.g. Government] deadline.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.