Executive / senior industry position
Associate Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
Poseida Therapeutics is seeking an exceptional Associate Director, Financial Planning & Analysis who will be responsible for the direction and oversight of all planning and budgeting processes including: annual, quarterly, and project budgeting processes. This role reports to the Vice President, Finance and will oversee the creation and maintenance of reports in excel for actual versus budget/forecast analysis and the development of complex financial models.
ResponsibilitiesThese may include but are not limited to:
- Ownership of the FP&A function, including financial planning and tracking of operating expenses, headcount reporting, monthly close support, quarterly forecasting, annual budgeting and variance analyses
- Partner with department heads to prepare comprehensive budgets that align with their strategic plan
- Perform actual to budget/forecast variance analysis on a monthly basis and prepare management reports for senior management and the respective department heads
- Prepare and submit, on a timely and accurate basis, a variety of scheduled financial reports
- Manage the development of multi-year project financial statements and analysis for different scenarios
- Financial analysis includes income statement, cash flow statement, and NPV calculations
- Implement budget software system when needed
- Provide business support to the clinical and manufacturing teams to help create transparency around key parameters in critical business areas including from enrollment rates, clinical accruals, cost per patient, etc.
- Identify opportunities for improved financial performance. Continually seeks ways to improve operating efficiency within the department and overall business
- Create and maintain reports and queries for ad hoc management requests
- Support special projects by driving the right set of analyses and presenting conclusions
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 8 years of accounting and financial analysis/planning experience (an equivalent of education and experience may be considered). MBA or CPA preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience at a biotech company in this role
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Effective communication across all levels of the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demands an in-depth knowledge of company operations
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Effective organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to set-up, automate and track data and information
- Requires minimal supervision and ability to act independently
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.