Executive / senior industry position
Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Associate Director, Marshall Undergraduate AdmissionsApplyUndergraduate AdmissionsLos Angeles, California
The University of Southern California receives over 60,000 undergraduate applications annually. The Marshall Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach Office supports the university’s centralized admissions process by participating in an array of year-round student recruitment and outreach programming on behalf of the USC Marshall School of Business. USC Marshall offers three prestigious degree programs and is the largest subscribed undergraduate major at USC.
The Marshall Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach Office is staffed by passionate recruitment professionals who enjoy a fast-paced, close-knit, and collaborative work environment. This is an office where everyone is an equal partner, input is encouraged, and professional development is emphasized. The team is in search of its next Associate Director who will add value to its outreach and recruitment initiatives.
The Associate Director plays a critical role in managing projects and programs that are strategically designed to meet USC Marshall’s enrollment goals. The incumbent will also oversee admissions for the World’s Bachelor’s in Business program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develops and nurtures relationships with counselors, prospective students and their families as well as Marshall/USC community members
Engages with prospective students/families
- Develops and measures effectiveness of admission and recruitment strategies
- Provides leadership and support to all efforts designed to meet identified enrollment targets and goals
- Manages and supports on-campus programs (our office hosts over 175 on-campus events each year)
- Performs data management and retrieval using various internal systems
- Researches, reports and provides data analysis
- Provides guidance to recruitment program volunteers, including alumni, students, staff, faculty and administrators.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will be an outstanding public speaker who enjoys working with large student populations. The candidate must have demonstrated success in developing recruitment/marketing/branding strategies, managing multiple projects and team building. Expertise with international recruitment is highly desirable.
In addition, the successful candidate will have/demonstrate these qualifications and qualities:
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Progressive admissions experience in a similar or peer institution
- Dynamic, consistent and effective communicator who is comfortable addressing people from diverse age groups, socioeconomic backgrounds and national origins
- Creative, resourceful, and innovative thinker
- Ability to professionally communicate unfavorable information with sensitivity
- Ability to build effective teams and work closely with faculty and senior administrators
- Interested in improving administrative processes and problem-solving (e.g., Salesforce)
- Proficient with technology and customer relationship management tools
- Minimum qualifications listed below
- Resume and cover letter required. Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of five calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after twelve months of employment*; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to football, basketball and other campus events.
- The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
* University employer contributions may be subject to change due to financial impact of COVID-19
Why join the USC Marshall School of Business?
The USC Marshall School of Business is ideally positioned to address the challenges of a rapidly changing business environment and is ranked as one of the country’s top schools for accounting, finance, marketing, consulting, entrepreneurship and international business studies.
USC Marshall builds on the unique opportunities that stem from its Los Angeles location on the Pacific Rim, its interdisciplinary and impactful research, the momentum generated by the University of Southern California, and the unparalleled engagement of the Trojan Alumni Family. With ready access to industries defining the new business frontier, including bio-technology, life sciences, media, entertainment, communications and healthcare, this vast network offers USC Marshall graduates exceptionally strong support for success in the global marketplace.
For more information on the USC Marshall School of Business, visit: www.marshall.usc.edu.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree; combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 2 years; combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Recruitment and admissions experience with knowledge of transfer credit policies and financial aid programs
REQ20091229 Posted Date: 07/29/2020 - Thru date - 2020-08-29Apply
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
Recently added jobs
Stay connected to USC
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance (PDF)opens in a new window. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.